October 12, 2023
This event will provide invaluable insights into navigating the intricate landscape of tax disputes. It covers topics listed in the agenda highlights below.
At this event, our team of seasoned experts will share their deep insights and practical strategies to enable you to tackle complex tax challenges. With annual audits conducted by CRA auditors and close scrutiny of every significant corporate transaction or event, it is crucial for in-house tax professionals and corporate executives in the C-Suite to remain vigilant about reputational risk issues and potential tax liabilities because the Canada Revenue Agency conducts frequent tax audits and closely scrutinizes corporate transactions. This scrutiny will only increase because Parliament has recently enacted new mandatory reporting rules which will require more disclosure than was previously required.
- Managing the CRA audit at the transaction stage.
- Update on CRA audit issues.
- Manage the CRA's requests for information: the revised CRA audit powers and mandatory disclosures.
- Defining the role of the external advisor: strategies for effective communication.
- Role of the CRA Audit Resolution Committee.
- Trial preparation and execution: best practices for success.
- Strategic settlement approaches: maximizing advantageous outcomes.
Keeping an eye on consequential adjustments: the difference between good result and a better result.
We understand the importance of staying ahead in today's ever-evolving tax landscape.
If you have any questions, please contact the events team.